We are not just spiritual beings with feelings, attitudes and the capacity to reflect themselves. We are also physical beings, we live in a body that we tend to use, and sometimes ab-use. Does it happen to you, that you don’t even notice your body, until it starts limiting you in some way, through pain, limitation or sickness?
In my life, I’ve learned the hard way that if we don’t take care of our body, if we don’t find a positive way of relating to it, if we don’t appreciate its service to us, we cannot find a stable balance, and we are limited in what we can achieve, no matter how beautiful and clear our vision. Said in other words, we need grounding in order to prosper and be successful, we need roots in order to fly.
So today, let’s give room to the fact that when we take care of our body and treat it with love and appreciation, we feel good and raise our energy – and that may exactly be what we need to experience good holidays, and to be able to give to others in a positive and balanced way. Todays task is to
DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOUR BODY.
Maybe you could
- take time for self-care, with cremes, oils, maybe a foot massage, or a manicure
- take a bath with candles
- do sports, exercise, or just a few stretching exercises
- take a nap
- plan a professional treatment and spoil yourself
- walk the stairs, or leave your car parked and walk
- go for a walk in nature
- eat healthy
- drink lots of water
- buy yourself a good creme and use it
- look into the mirror and tell your body what you thank it for. Appreciate what it does and what you like about it.
- A few weeks ago we did one of our group meditations on loving and appreciating your body. I think it was beautiful, and can really change your attitude towards yourself. I am inviting you to try it, it’s a 30 minutes meditation – doing it is definitely doing something for your body.
Please tell me what else you come up with and how you take care of, pamper, or spoil your body – in the comments or on my facebook page!
PS: Don’t miss “opening the other doors”! Receive each day’s blog post via email, by subscribing to my blog below! Else, just come by and read the blog directly, and feel free to share if you like it!