Today is December 1st. 24 days until Christmas. And you get to “open your first door” of the ReSource Yourself Advent Calendar.
Thanks for embarking on this Christmas spirit process with me. So, let’s start the advent season that for many of us ends with gifts – with one gift. But today’s gift is just for you – and it’s from yourself. Here is the task:
- Today, make yourself a gift. Do something nice for yourself, something to make yourself feel good!
- It doesn’t have to involve money. It doesn’t have to involve a lot of time.
- Make a list of things you can do for yourself that are an act of self-love, generosity, playfulness, joy, compassion – or anything else that you would like and that will help you feel good. For your inspiration, my list includes:
- Take time to prepare a delicious lunch. Take time to eat calmly.
- Massage my feet or hands, get a manicure or pedicure.
- Go for a walk.
- Take 5 minutes to have a cup of coffee or tea, without any electronics present.
- Call a friend I miss.
- Take more time for myself – to pick an outfit that makes me feel good, and put on make-up.
- Take a bath.
- Light candles.
- Listen to a peace of music I love.
- Thank myself for my achievements.
- Buy myself something I have wanted for a long time.
- Pick at least one thing from your list, and do it!
Let me know how day one is going! Please share your ideas and experiences in the comments below or on my facebook page.
PS: Don’t miss “opening the other doors”! Receive each day’s blog post via email, by subscribing to my blog below! Else, just come by and read the blog directly, and feel free to share if you like it!